Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Life Lately -- where is time going?

Oh my gosh, it has been FOREVER since I've been able to write. Between keeping up with the littles and getting my work done, I really don't know where my days have gone. How is it November?? I know you all feel the same way. We've been so busy, and our girls are growing so quickly -- it's amazing how much they're developing and changing all the time.

Sisterly bonding during tummy time

We had so much fun celebrating Molly & Maddie's first Halloween over the weekend (now I'm enjoying eating our leftover candy) and this weekend we are headed to Illinois to celebrate my grandmother's 96th birthday.

So hard to take that perfect picture!

Passing out candy on Halloween!

It will be wonderful to be with her for such a milestone, and I love seeing family, but I am already stressed about traveling again with the babies. When we went to Lexington over Labor Day, they were smaller and less mobile, and we had some privacy in our own hotel room.

Our little family after our Baptism lunch at Biaggi's.

Baptism cake -- so good! Made by the same baker as our wedding cake.

How do you other moms make these weekends easier? I know it's tough to be away from home with kids at any age, and if you have any helpful hints, send them my way!!

Today I'm sharing our packing list for twins for a weekend away.

Essentials:

4 sets of pajamas
4 body suits
2 outfits each for Saturday & Sunday (always keep extras on hand!)
a box of diapers
container of wipes
6 pacis (again with the extras)
travel changing pad
sleep sacks
rock n plays
2 cotton blankets
2 thinker stroller blankets
4 burp cloths
stroller

Feeding:

bottles for 6 feedings each day
nipples for feeding
breast pump
pump pieces
Ivory soap to wash bottles & pump parts
formula
jugs of purified water for formula
4 caps for bottles

Extras:

play blanket for tummy time
Boppy pillows
toys: stuffed, musical, teething
5-6 books
sound machine (fingers crossed the babes will sleep well!)
laundry bag for dirty clothes
jackets if weather gets cooler
stroller covers for  cooler weather

What do you pack for your little ones? I'm sure I'm missing something, but I have all week to prepare. Also, how do you make a long drive easier on babies? We've never driven this far with them, so I'll welcome any & all advice!

Dad and Maddie napping.





No comments:

Post a Comment