Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Feeling the Nudge

Good grief it's been way too long since I've visited this little blogging space. I have thought of it often and wished to make the time to get back to it, but I have just not had the time. Between two high-energy toddlers, working, and trying to keep the house semi-clean, mama has not had a minute!

PRETENDING to ride on Thanksgiving.
I've decided to make an adjustment in my work life that will hopefully give me a little more time to pursue writing (tackling some paid writing gigs!) and build something for myself. I turned 30 in July and have just felt this nudge within myself to go after what I really want. I've spent the past few years running marketing campaigns for other people, helping them grow their businesses, and I am finally ready to build and do something for myself.
Molly & Maddie's first birthday party in May.
I have always loved writing and actually taught it for several years before our girls were born. Writing is the only thing in my life that allows me to tune out everything else. At any given time I have about 30 different thoughts running through my mind at a time, but when I get into a writing groove, I am able to be present and focus in a way that feels really refreshing and productive.

At the beach, our happy place!
I'm not sure yet where this blogging venture will lead. The only thing I know is that I want this space to be a place where I can share with all of you, gain a few friends and make some connections, and learn how to navigate this parenting journey. I have found motherhood to be a bit lonely at times. I spent 2 months on bedrest before the girls were born (more on that some other time) and have been home with them the majority of the time since. That was a really hard adjustment to make after working full-time since I graduated from college. I can't wait to make some "mom friends" to chat with and trade notes with, so if you have a topic you'd like to talk about -- let me know!

Molly Hayden -- laidback and sweet like her dad.
Like me, this blog will be a work in progress, but I promise you I will try every day to make it better and better. This space will always be honest, real, and good-humored. My pictures might not be as professional and well-edited as the beautiful images on many blogs, but I hope they make you laugh and capture my family just as we are!

Madeline Grace -- our little monkey and mom's shadow!

Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. Cheers to pursuing dreams & mommyhood!


2 comments:

  1. Instagram suggested you so I decided to give your site a click :) I'm glad I did! You're a breath of fresh air and I'm glad you've started to pursue the things that make you feel inspired, it's so important for us Momma's. That's one of the reasons I started blogging too. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more from you! Decided to comment instead of just scroll to give you that push -- that you're already reaching other Momma's and to let you know that this community needs more women like you! Xoxo Paige (www.crunchykisses.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paige,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. You have no idea how much they mean to me! I've been discouraged and intimidated getting started and you've given me confidence to keep going! Have a very Merry Christmas! Look forward to following your adventures as well!!

      Delete